Welcome to Gamers for Orcas
Our sponsored gaming challenge is a great opportunity to test your skills, concentration and stamina whilst raising vital funds to protect orcas around the world.
Let’s get started…
Once you’ve decided what you want to do and how long you’ll be gaming for, set up your fundraising page and share it with everyone you know. Our Official WDC Livestream runs for 24-hours but you can play for part, or all, of that – it’s up to you.
Setting up your fundraising page is simple – follow our step-by-step guide.
Tiltify is perfect if you're gaming online and want to livestream your fundraising challenge and join us. You can integrate your Twitch or YouTube channel and collect donations as you play.
- Follow this link to set up your Tiltify page
- Click 'Register'
- Log in to your account or sign up
- Select your 'campaign' type - individual or team
- Choose a name for your 'campaign' (something fun or that your friends will recognise!)
- Select the date of your fundraiser (NB. this is in US format)
- Set a fundraising target
- Enter your contact details (if you are new to Tiltify)
- Select your t-shirt size (our Rewards include an exclusive G4O t-shirt!)
- Check your details and click 'Create Campaign'
- Personalise your page by adding text, videos, images etc.
If you're not gaming online or don't need to livestream your challenge, JustGiving is for you.
If you don’t have a JustGiving account, simply join WDC’s Gamers for Orcas JustGiving page and click on ‘Start fundraising'.
If you want to set up your own JustGiving account, or already have one, go to www.justgiving.com
- Sign up or log in
- Select ‘Do your own thing - Personal Challenge’
- Complete the ‘Event Type’, ‘Event Name’ and the Date.
- Choose your page address – this is the link you’ll share with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Select ‘No’ on the next two questions.
- Tick the box if you’re happy to hear from Whale and Dolphin Conservation again.
- Tick the box if you’d like to hear from JustGiving.
- Click ‘Create your page’.
Finished! Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations.
Not into computer or online games?
That’s fine – friends, families, societies, clubs and gaming cafes can choose from:
Board games, Tabletop, Sci Fi and Fantasy, Card, Dice, Pub, Chess, Chequers, Quidditch, Pokemon, Game of Thrones or anything that is a firm favourite.
Feeling traditional? Why not attempt non-stop Monopoly, Cluedo, Uno or Scrabble?
Or change your game – try something new and be a game-changer for orcas! Check out Carcassone; Settlers of Catan; Go; Back to the Future; Jumanji; Battleships; Mahjong; Bridge; Pictionary; Yahtzee; Ticket to Ride; Connect4; Sorry; Jenga......
And don’t forget pool, darts, snooker and team games and sports you could play to keep you on your toes and awake for (up to) 24 hours.
For more information or ideas, get in touch with the Gamers for Orcas Team on:
Tel: (44) (0)1249 449 500 Email: [email protected]
We'd love to hear what you are doing and to see photos too, so please email us at [email protected].
Are you a gaming company or streamer and interested in getting involved?
Contact Marina Abraham on [email protected]